November 8, 2011 Leave a comment
So how did you’re favorite celebrity do this weekend at the NYC Marathon? Not sure? Here you go!
- Apollo Ohno: 3:25:12 (7:50 min miles)- yes, our favorite speed skater did really well! No, I didn’t get to see him as he started before I did and in a different wave. But I followed him on twitter- does that count?
- Jennie Finch: 4:05:26 (9:23 min miles)- our olympic softball pitcher. I got her autograph on Saturday. Yes, I was one of the 30,000 she passed and therefor raised $1 of the $30,000 or so that went to charity
- Mark Messier: 4:14:27 (9:43 min miles)- pretty darn good for a hockey player that spent most of his days on skates
- Mario Lopez: 4:23:30 (10:04 min miles)- I had no idea he was running but he did
- Edwin Van der Sar 4:19:16 (9:54 min miles)
- Jack Waitz 3:50:41 (8:49 min miles)- Jack is the husband of the late running legend Grete Waitz. He ran with a strained calf and said Grete wouldn’t have wanted him to run hurt. Kudos to him for coming out to the US!
- Ryan Sutter 3:17:58- not much of a Bachelorette/ Bachelor fan but if you are, here you go
- Richard Blais: 4:31:54- not bad for a Top Chef. I was only 21 minutes behind him!